Our new website
is coming soon!
The Oil City Main Street Program is a volunteer-based program working to make downtown Oil City, Pennsylvania more attractive and vibrant.
Get in Touch
Call or email us with any comments or questions about Oil Street Main Street. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Façade Improvement Grant Program
Time Is Running Out! In partnership with the City of Oil City, the Oil City Main Street Program (OCMS) offers a Façade Improvement Grant Program which provides reimbursable, 50/50 matching grants of up to $5,000 for exterior storefront improvements on eligible buildings located within the Oil City Main Street District. Applications will be accepted through February 27, 2023 unless funding is depleted sooner. Learn more here and find complete details with links to application materials in our Façade Grant Toolkit.
Main Street Manager
The Oil City Main Street Program, a partnership between the City of Oil City and the Oil Region Alliance of Business, Industry, and Tourism, seeks applicants for the position of Main Street Manager. This is a full-time position which focuses on the development and implementation of an economic revitalization strategy for the Oil City downtown business district.
The successful candidate will lead and grow many projects and activities in the areas of:
- Small business recruitment and retention
- Historic preservation attractive design
- Reuse of existing buildings and underutilized space
- Community promotions
- Private and public partnerships
- Volunteer management
- Funding sources and fundraising
Candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Previous leadership, small business development, fundraising/grant-writing and project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, writing, research, public speaking and communication skills. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office,Google Suite, website management, and social media.
This position allows for a flexible work schedule to support promotional activities, community events and city meetings, which often require weekend or evening hours. A full job description can be found at www.oilcitymainstreet.org. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to: Oil Region Alliance, Human Resources, 217 Elm Street, Oil City, PA 16301. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Application deadline: November 17, 2023